Monday 7 January 2013

What I would do if I were Goodluck for a day OR What my new year's resolution would be If I were him.


"P.S: Nobody should take this personal or too seriously, because this is just a bunch of words from a guy who dreams and talks too much for his own good (Don't mind him O, he just feels like a wise guy)”

If I were Goodluck,  I would start by mornings by jogging down the road of a highly populated area in a state far away from Abuja or Lagos and 100 meters away from my security team so at blend in with the crowd, hoping that stones don't come flying my way when I am noticed rather shouts of praise.

I would read the newspapers myself while having my million naira breakfast rather than waiting for my numerous advisers read selected cutouts from newspapers that don't paint the true story of what goes on in the country.

I would go on to confer with my overfed and overpaid advisers what I could do or say on Independence Day so that I would achieve my vision of being the most remembered President Nigeria has ever had, rather than renaming an institution because nothing else seems news worthy. 

I would ensure, I zero in on one point (most likely power) that would make me remembered when I achieve it rather than panning across several issues and achieving none.

By mid day I would most probably order an air strike on several areas in the north to deal with a long standing issue that has caused death and chaos there, rather than continuously offering amnesty. Hopefully, there's correct intelligence not to bomb innocent civilians and the military has the capacity to carry out the air strike effectively.

I would most likely draft a policy and setup a monitoring committee that would ensure that top multinationals invest their taxes into the education sector rather than paying it to the government since it might end up being diverted into private pockets. I create an employee volunteering scheme for employees of the multinationals to volunteer some hours every week to teach in a school.

 By night fall I would create an act (or one of those things that they do) that all governors, ministers, members of both houses of assembly and myself would sleep without light (neither PHCN, renewable energy, inverter nor generator) for two nights every week so as to have a feel of what's goes on  in the country.

Before my night cap, I would introspect to determine if my name's charm has worked as well as its rumored to have. 

Finally, by God's grace I would wake up the morning after suffering from a hangover of too much power and hope that all I have done doesn't get undone in the blink of an eye. 

In truth I know that Goodluck most likely has the most difficult job in the world, thus I cannot begin to imagine or fathom how he spends his God given 24 hours, what I am certain I would attempt to do, would be to retrace my steps to see my progress in the past months compared to leaders that were in a similar situation to see what milestones I have made and what techniques, strategies or ideas remain unthought.


No comments:

Post a Comment