Tuesday 1 January 2013

Responce to the Obvious

Heres a typical conversation I have with people I consider as 'ponters of the obvious' of which I am boastfully a part of;

Stranger: Hi
ME: Hello
Stranger: Damn you are so tall, do you play basketball?
ME: (me being me would simply laugh and point to a couple of people that are taller than me, my brother for instance) but If I had the guts I have now writing this from the comfort of my couch, I would most likely go like this;
Of course I know I am tall I don't need you tell me I am, when I can obviously see the middle of your head (most times I actually can). Or do you take me for a scare crow, that has nothing but straw in its head, even if you did want to take me for one, our similarities would include me being able to stand in a field and prevent the birds from poaching just as the scare crow, the differentiating factor being that I can actually run after the brave crows that still dare to land.
As to whether I play basketball, whoever made the complex theory that Tallness = Basketball, most likely had same flare for the obvious like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment