Monday 7 January 2013

The Wrong Scene

There I sat in the club wandering what in heaven’s name compelled me to club all night, when the only all nighters, I had ever had involved a lot of prayer and praise.
Was it because I was in Lagos, too far from the watchful eyes of my parents, thus giving me leeway to do as I very well pleased, knowing that my brothers wouldn't tell tales, also considering that my sister the one capable of doing so had gone to spend the hols with my parents.
Or was it because I had heard too many tales of the sheer excitement, thrills and fun that people had gotten from a night on the street and I was beginning to feel left out.
But again it could have been that I had been in Lagos for over a year and was frustrated that I had never dedicated a whole night to clubbing, when there were so many clubs around me, yet hadn't done anything about it.
Well whatever it was, out with my friends I went to another friend's birthday P, which was happening all night in a club. After a couple of hours of it all, I just seemed to tire of the whole scene. From the hunger pangs that plagued me, to the pain in my chest, to the dehydration I felt, I was certain that I was at the wrong scene.
I won't end this story by telling you that I walked out of the club that minute headed nothing but straight to my warm bed, which I was supposed to be on in the first place. Rather, I would confess that I chose to wait it all out till day break, and hey I can also truly tell you that I still went ahead to keep on having the so called fun that's associated with clubbing.
Hold it one minute before I end it all, there were probably a few things I chose to omit, one of which involved me being spurned on the dance floor by a lady (not so sure what word to refer to her as, cos I feel that calling someone of the opposite sex, a girl or babe is a tad disrespectful, though lady doesn't cut it either, cos it gives the impression that the person is old) which I had had my eyes on upon entering the club. Anyway as you can imagine I was pained by this, because I had before felt that I was too much the handsome guy without a blemish (you would most likely want to choke me, when you see me for daring to even call myself handsome) for it to happen to me.  And anyway a brother has his ego, wouldn't want to leave you thinking that I chose to leave the club scene, cos of that incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment