Wednesday 3 June 2015

But a camera


If I had but a camera
I would show you the real world
Not the world CNN or BBC shows
But the true world endowed with colors and images

If I had but a camera
I would paint the world in a way you never imagined
Paint I shall, with nothing but a flash and lens
I will show you the power of pictures, pictures which shall wow you.
For they hold the key to far more than we know or can ever imagine.


Oh but a camera to paint the world
As a professional captures I may not be able to replicate
But to paint the smiles, sorrow, anxiety, fear and courage on the faces of many, I shall paint.
Oh but a camera that I shall show you images that will keep your mind craving for more like the drug addict on crack.

If I had but a camera
I would show you the terror and destruction caused by people,
People promoting and promoting ideologies that they do not understand.

If I had but a camera
I would paint the pictures of those who suffer but yet smile in spite of it all
If I had but a camera
I would paint the picture of those hoping, trusting and having faith in what they have not seen but have only heard of.
Faces of those who have longed and waited for so long but yet are ready to wait for a while longer
For it says, wait for it, thou it may tarry wait for it, for it shall not tarry.

No comments:

Post a Comment