Monday 12 August 2013

The prayer of a young chap



Father, thank you because I understand a bit more last week, than I understood the week before.
I understand now that it took me 20 years to get my degree, something I considered and felt was your will for me.
Now I understand that you never mentioned that I would rise to the top straight after the degree.
I know now that the steps to greatness are a process in time, and when that time comes I would fly like eagle.
Until then I must go through the necessary processes and not expect that a few strides of my long legs would get me to where I want to be.
I understand now that I may stumble a bit along the way, but I should keep my head focused.
I may not get all that I want when I expect it but to carry my jotter along the way and write down the lessons I will learn from the journey ahead
I know that neither my creativity, my shrill voice, or my intelligence is enough to take me where I want to go. But absolute faith combined with all that you have given will get me there.
And I must strive to build all of them to get tougher and better at what I do, in order to adequately face the challenges ahead.
Like a great man once said
"God, harden me against myself,
The Coward with pathetic voice
Who craves for ease and rest and joy.
Myself, arch-traitor to myself,
My hollowest friend,
My deadliest foe,
My clog, whatever road I take".

No comments:

Post a Comment